Whether looking for information for a school project or for something you're interested in, there are tons of resources out there. Use the resources below along with the Big 6 Research Model to fine tune your researching skills.
The resources can also be found in the NCWiseOwl Middle School Zone.
Cite Your Resources
Big 6 Research Process
Step 1. Task Definition
- Define the problem
- Identify the information requirements of the problem
Step 2. Information Seeking Strategies
- Determine the range of possible sources
- Evaluate the different possible sources to determine priorities
Step 3. Location and Access
- Locate sources
- Find information within the sources
Step 4. Use of Information
- Engage (read, hear, view, touch) the information in the source.
- Extract information from a source
Step 5. Synthesis: Putting it all Together
- Organize information from multiple sources
- Create a product or performance
Step 6. Evaluation
- Judge the product or performance
- Judge the information - solving process